Congrats to the winners of the 2017 Governor’s Environmental Stewardship Awards!
These projects have all contributed to making Tennessee a beautiful place while protecting our environment and natural resources. The awards ceremony will be on June 16th in Nashville.
2017 Award Recipients:
- Belmont University – Davidson County
- Chattanooga Area Regional Transportation Authority – Hamilton County
- City of Lebanon – Wilson County
- Keep Knoxville Beautiful – Knox County
- Knoxville Regional Transportation Planning Organization – Knox County
- Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority – Davidson County
- Nashville Fire Department Station 19 – Davidson County
- New Hope Christian Academy – Shelby County
- Sherwood Forest Project – Franklin & Marion Counties
- Suttree Landing Park – City of Knoxville
- The Nashville Food Project – Davidson County
See more by visiting here.
Land Use Winner: Suttree Landing Park, City of Knoxville
Cannon & Cannon is proud to be a part of Suttree Landing Park and would like to congratulate Knox County for this project!
Along the Tennessee River South Waterfront, the City of Knoxville initiated a master plan which redevelops abandoned industrial properties in order to promote commercial, residential and economic revitalization. Previous plans for Suttree Landing Park were proposed to construct an outdoor recreational area where a former industrial brownfield site was located.
Cannon & Cannon, Inc. lead a team of eight consultants to re-initiate the project by providing a constructability report, value-engineered alternatives and construction drawings for the City of Knoxville. Suttree Landing’s riverwalk, festival lawn, playground area and water access were strategically located to protect environmentally sensitive and archeologically preserved areas.