Cannon & Cannon, Inc. (CCI) is excited to announce Seth Fischer’s promotion to Utilities Group Director. Seth has been part of the CCI team for over 5 years and has been an integral part of the success of the utility group as a project manager. Before he came to CCI he served in the U.S. Army for 8 years with 2 tours in Iraq. He has wisdom beyond his years and is passionate about being the best he can be – first as a father and husband; as an engineer; and as a person. His drive to help others is also something you discover when you spend time with him. Please join us in congratulating Seth in his new role at CCI. Below are some fun facts and interesting things to know about Seth and his career:
A look into seth’s career
- His first engineering related job was as a Technical Engineer in the U.S. Army. He was a Staff Sergeant team leader of a design team whose work included survey, soil and concrete testing, and drafting and design.
- What he enjoys the most about working at CCI is the people, both within and outside CCI
- His favorite type of projects to work on are hydraulic modeling of water distribution systems and sewer collection systems
fun facts about seth
- He wanted to be a professional hockey player or an architect growing up
- He got into engineering because he always enjoyed Math. In college, he started in Architecture school but after taking a basic engineering course he said he “opened his eyes and come over to the good guys side”
- During his free time, he likes to do anything with his 3 boys, such as camping, mountain biking, woodworking, and coaching t-ball
- The most influential person in his life is his wife Jennifer. Seth said, “We are a true example of opposites attract. She compliments me perfectly, challenges me, inspires me, strengthens me, and makes me a better man. Her and Hardy Cross.”
- Seth’s favorite food is cheeseburgers! Preferably, with a fried egg on top.
- Nicknames include variations of his last name….everything from “Fish” to “Fischalisch”
- His favorite thing about Knoxville are the outdoor activities: parks, lakes and trails. Also, UT Sports and all the orange.